Find a Job
- Bay of Plenty
ArborGen Australasia is New Zealand’s largest producer of seedlings for the forest sector with seven nurseries throughout New Zealand and south-eastern Australia. The company is part of the ArborGen group, which also operates in the United States and Brazil.
In addition to their forest tree business, ArborGen provides specialised quarantine and grow-on services for a range of high-value horticultural and tree crops at their Te Teko container facility. Te Teko is located a short drive from Whakatane, Rotorua and the beautiful Ohope Beach.
ArborGen are seeking an experienced Nursery Manager with the following skills and attributes to run the Te Teko nursery operation:
- Significant greenhouse & container growing experience with a variety of crops, including tree and horticultural crops, in a commercial production environment.
- Tertiary level qualifications in nursery production or horticulture.
- Proven site and people management experience.
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels including customers, suppliers and other Managers within the business.
- Well-developed computer skills and experience in utilising PC based production systems.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a large nursery production business and live in one of New Zealand’s most desirable regions.
Further information on ArborGen will be found on www.supertreeseedlings.co.nz
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
5 Sep 2018
- Work Type:
- Bay of Plenty