Find a Job
2IC – Sheep & Beef
- Central Hawke’s Bay
Watergreen Tourere Partnership is a well-structured and organised sheep & beef farming business located just 20 minutes from Waipukurau, Central Hawke’s Bay. This 1450ha intensive sheep & cattle finishing and cow breeding operation comprises two properties that have been combined to collectively run approximately 14,500 stock units and utilise the property’s modern facilities and infrastructure.
The owners are seeking a hands-on 2IC to run the day-to-day farming operation and implement the farm plan with a strong focus on stock work.
Further key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Owner/Operations Manager to develop and implement grazing and operational plans to accommodate fluctuating stock numbers and feed demands.
- Providing leadership and direction to the team consisting of two Shepherds and a Shepherd General.
- Overseeing infrastructure maintenance.
- Liasing with the Farm Owners and Consultant through monthly meetings to discuss progress and the coming months’ farm plan.
To be successful in this position you will need a sound understanding of crop and pasture utilisation along with proven experience in trading and feeding finishing lambs and cattle. A capable team of 3 – 5 dogs, excellent stockmanship along with strong animal health knowledge is essential.
On offer is an attractive remuneration package including a beautiful 1920’s four bedroom homestead with a recently upgraded kitchen. Central Hawke’s Bay has some great schooling, sporting and leisure opportunities available for you to enjoy.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 27th January 2020.
6 Jan 2020
- Work Type:
- Hawkes Bay
- Watergreen Tourere Partnership
- Sheep and Beef >> Farm Manager
- Sheep and Beef >> Block Manager
- Sheep and Beef >> Stock Manager
- Sheep and Beef >> 2IC
- Sheep and Beef >> Experienced Shepherd
- Sheep and Beef >> Head Shepherd
- Sheep and Beef >> Senior Shepherd