Find a Job
Manager - Sheep & Beef
- Wairarapa – Well established farming business
Due to the expansion of this privately owned farming business located just 20 minutes from Masterton; our client is seeking a Manager who will enjoy all of the challenges that operating a 2106ha (eff), 21,000su sheep and beef breeding operation has to offer.
The owner of this property is looking to concentrate on other areas of the business therefore you will have the autonomy and responsibility of the station management on a day-to-day basis.
Key skills required for this role are:
- Strong stockmanship & pasture management skills
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Proven people management skills
- A good level of computer skills in order to complete reporting in Microsoft Excel & Word
You will plan and delegate tasks to the team and take on a mentoring role with junior staff. Stock management and animal health are crucial components of this role requiring you to keep a capable team of 5-6 good working dogs.
There is an excellent remuneration package on offer with a tidy and warm three bedroom character home. There is a school bus at the gate to various primary & secondary schooling options in Masterton.
If you are looking for a role with responsibility and where you can take ownership for the day-today running and planning of a property alongside an owner who will support and encourage your development then this role will interest you!
Applications close 5pm Monday, 24th February 2020.
5 Feb 2020
- Work Type:
- Te Rangi Station
- Sheep and Beef >> Farm Manager
- Sheep and Beef >> Block Manager
- Sheep and Beef >> 2IC