Find a Job
2IC / Senior Dairy Assistant
- South Wairarapa
Pukio East Dairies is a well-managed dairy operation in the South Wairarapa region. Currently they are milking 1000 cows through a 60-bale Rotary shed. The farm is well resourced and operating with modern technology such as Allflex collars and a fully automated shed.
A 2IC or a competent Senior Dairy Assistant is required to join their team. The owner operator is willing to invest his time and energy to help develop and progress someone that is prepared to step up or aspires to be a 2IC.
Key responsibilities for this role are to assist with:
- All aspects of the milking process;
- Feed planning and management;
- Implementing the animal health programme;
- Calving and the calf rearing programme to ensure high quality replacement stock;
- Repairs and maintenance for plant, machinery and infrastructure;
- Record management and compliance.
You must be willing to learn, able to work in a team and know how to follow instructions. In the absence of the Owner you will be responsible for the operation and will need to be comfortable taking the lead.
Just 10 minutes from Martinborough there are plenty of recreational activities available. This role offers an attractive remuneration package including a tidy 3 bedroom home. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to progress in the industry, please get in touch with us today.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
12 Oct 2020
- Work Type:
- Pukio East Dairies Limited
- Dairy >> Herd Manager
- Dairy >> Assistant Manager
- Dairy >> 2 IC
- Dairy >> Experienced Assistant
- Dairy >> 3IC
- Dairy >> 2IC